We are currently looking for a Activities Assistant to join us in our Minehead home. 40 hours per week, at £8.75 per hour. Will involve some weekend and bank holiday working. If you are interested in finding out more about the role or to apply for the role please visit our Job Vacancies page.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Genuine interest in helping within a caring environment
- Satisfactory police check and check against POVA list (where applicable)
Nature of the Role
- Generate the interest and enthusiasm of different client groups and individual clients, work with other staff members to ensure that they are aware of planned activities and that clients are available to participate
- To promote the mental and physical activity of clients and to involve less able residents in activities by talking to them, taking them out, sharing activities with them such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- Support functions – both inside and outside of Eastleigh
- Support arranged outdoor activities – minibus trips, point to point meetings, theatre trips, etc, and to be flexible on the hours worked necessitated by trips, BBQ’s, etc. Support one to one shopping trips with residents.
- Provide support for fund raising events for Friends of Eastleigh, i.e. coffee mornings/summer fetes, etc. Support the Activities Organiser with coffee morning groups, karaoke afternoons etc within the home.
- Ensure the walled garden/gazebo areas are used for residents’ to enable planting, watering, etc.
- Maintain a record of the activities, including photographs
- Demonstrate effective and safe usage of the Minibus/pool car to provide outings for Clients.
- With the Activities Organiser ensure that costs are kept within budgets for external entertainment consultants
Health and Safety
- Report immediately to the Registered Manager, or senior person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a client, colleague, self or another
- Understand, and ensure implementation of, Eastleigh Care Homes Health and Safety policy, Emergency and Fire procedures
- Report to the Registered Manager, or the senior person in charge, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or potential hazard
- Promote safe working practice within the home
- Advise Eastleigh Care Homes of any restrictions, cautions, offences or illness which would impact on your ability to safely operate the minibus or any other vehicle used in the course of your employment
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of Eastleigh Care Homes
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties. Respect confidential information obtained in the course of professional practice, refraining from disclosing such information without the consent of the client, or a person entitled to act on his/her behalf, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court or is necessary in the public interest
- Ensure that the security of Eastleigh Care Homes is maintained at all times
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Wear uniform as agreed with Eastleigh Care Homes
- Refer to the Registered Manager, or senior person in charge, any situation which is not within your current responsibility
- Adhere to all Company policies / procedures within the defined timescales
This role description is designed to identify the principle responsibilities of the post only, and is subject to review in the light of the changing needs of the business. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role of Activities Assistant to respond to new and changing demands.