We are currently looking for a Maintenance person to join our team. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Principal Responsibilities & Requirements
Demonstrable DIY skills to include;
- basic understanding of electrics
- basic understanding of plumbing
- ability to carry out the maintenance requirements and repairs of the Homes and properties owned by Eastleigh Care Homes as requested
- carpentry as required
- completing decorative/painting work where required
The post holder will also be required to;
- be able to work at heights
- demonstrate physical capability to work in restricted spaces and to move furniture
- travel between locations to complete duties, as Eastleigh Care Homes operates in multiple localities
- demonstrate ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision and in a timely manner
- ensure that the properties are presented to the highest standards, externally, at all times
- work closely with staff and external contractors to ensure that Eastleigh Care Homes remains within all Health and Safety guidelines and policies
- complete tasks related to the maintenance of properties and vehicles owned by Eastleigh Care Homes
- identify potential maintenance related issues and where required report them to line manager
The Employee must devote his whole time and attention to such duties.
The post holder is required to conform to the Health and Safety policies and procedure of Eastleigh Care Homes; particularly, but not exclusively, those relating to fire regulations, office safety, moving and handling and First Aid.
This job description is designed to identify the principle responsibilities of the post only, and is subject to review in the light of the changing needs of the business. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role of Care Home Maintenance Person to respond to new and changing demands.