We are looking for a very enthusiastic and structured individual to join our Minehead team for the above position. Full time position, salary depending on experience.
The role is customer facing and therefore the successful applicant will be someone who is confident and happy talking with people; including residents. The successful applicant will also be someone who has excellent time management skills and is effective in a difficult or crisis scenario.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Office Manager/ Senior Person/ Finance Director/Managing Director
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
– Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
– Ability to communicate appropriately, effectively and sensitively with staff, Clients and relatives and understand the importance of accurate and timely communication within the health care environment
– Ability to work under instruction and within a team
– Satisfactory police check and check against ISA list (where applicable)
– Current driving license
– Demonstrate ability to answer the telephone in the correct manner and forward calls appropriately
– Various typing and administration duties.
– Photocopying or faxing of paperwork
– Accept deliveries in accordance with Company guidelines
– Demonstrate ability to complete risk assessments and set appropriate times for review
Health and Safety
– Understand, and ensure implementation of, Eastleigh Care Homes Health and Safety policy, Emergency and Fire procedures
– Promote safe working practice within the workplace
Training and Development
– Maintain professional knowledge and competence
– Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
– Undertake training identified at appraisal
– Promote and ensure the good reputation of Eastleigh Care Homes
– Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties. Respect confidential information obtained in the course of professional practice and refrain from disclosing such information without the consent of the client/member of staff, or a person entitled to act on his/her behalf, except where disclosure is required by law or by the order of a Court or is necessary in the public interest.
– Ensure that the security of Eastleigh Care Homes is maintained at all times
– Ensure that all equipment is clean and well maintained
– Notify the Senior person in charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return from all periods of absence
– Wear uniform as agreed with Eastleigh Care Homes
– Refer to the Senior person in charge, any situation which is not within your current responsibility
– Adhere to all Company policies / procedures within the defined timescales
The post holder must devote their whole time and attention to such duties.
This job description is designed to identify the principle responsibilities of the post only, and is subject to review in the light of the changing needs of the business. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role of Receptionist / Health & Safety Officer to respond to new and changing demands.