Nutrition & Hydration
Time of event: Week commencing 11th March
With around 3 million people at risk of malnutrition in the UK we need to engage opportunities to raise the awareness of the risks and promote the good practices that can help prevent malnutrition and dehydration. Preventing malnutrition and dehydration improves health and well-being and helps to reduce the work load on the health and social care services in treating and supporting those suffering from under nutrition and dehydration.
Here at Eastleigh Care homes we aim to promote this on a daily basis, by having:
- Regular meal times.
- Healthy snacks and treats throughout the day, including fruit smoothies.
- A variety of different drinks available to promote hydration.
- Our very own pop up pub ‘The Eastleigh Arms’ to promote good hydration and and a good time.
- Staff on hand to prompt and encourage regular nutrition/hydration.
- If required we document food and fluid intake to ensure we keep on track.
Look out for different events around our homes this week, including refreshing Mocktails promoting Nutrition & Hydration.